PROVIDER FEEDBACK

Monday, December 17, 2012

I just learned of this, so I am trying to get this out to as many providers as I can before Wednesday.


Ladies, this COMING Wednesday, December 19, 2012 there will be an open meeting of the Health Policy Oversight Committee at 10:00am, 300 South West 10th, Topeka, KS 66612, Room 548-S to discuss Lexie's Law. Please submit your opinions to Representative Brenda Landwehr brenda.landwehr@house.ks.gov. Send a forward to Iraida Orr at the Kansas Legislative Research Department Iraida.Orr@klrd.ks.gov

Tell them how the law has affected you and your business. Be sure to include the good along with the bad to show we aren't all complaining only. Do you feel consultations should be included in the online notes, possibly misleading parents searching for care? Tell them! What are your thoughts on the state requiring liability insurance? Tell them! How has it impacted you? How is care different day to day? Do you feel that the information about complaints is enough? From my research, all the information given is "completed" or "needs corrections." How does that tell providers or parents the correct information about complaints? 

There have been improvements but also hair-pulling frustrations. TELL THEM!

Please also see some updates and new information here if you haven't already viewed this.

Labels:

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous says:

    I don't feel that if they had to consult me at my inspection, that should be noted.. It makes parents think that I was unaware.. Also I believe that the 3 children under 18 months should be changed as well. to 12-15 mos.. Most children are walking and I have had to lose parents who have had 2 children in my care due to the laws..

  2. Anonymous says:

    The fact that I have lost 2 sets of parents due to the laws stating I can only watch 3 children under the age of 18 months, means that I have lost parents to new providers who have 2 openings even if the family was only weeks away from be being legal with their 17 month old and me not wanting to be out of compliance. 12-15 months old children are fully capable of doing the same things an 18 month does.. at least in my daycare.. they are walking and talking and I don't understand why parents have to lose great care to new or illegal providers due to a few months leeway. Please change both the laws and you will not have so many ILLEGAL providers out there. I know for a fact that I have turne in several providers for doing ILLEGAL care and there was nothing done about it whatsoever. ILLEGAL providers have more rights than LEGAL providers.. If the health dept comes to an ILLEGAL home, they do not have to open the door.. If they come to my home I welcome them with open arms and can lose my license if I did not.. To me that screams Illegal providers have more rights than I do..

  3. Anonymous says:

    I agree with the ages, the only difference between a 12-18 month olds is their vocabulary. Also, Some families dont space out their kids far enough. They want them closer in age. Taking them to 2 different providers is just not an option.
    Consulting the providers does not mean we were inadequate. It could be just letting us know of a new rule or giving a suggestion. When this info is posted online it makes us look like there must have been a problem in that area and needed to be adressed. Which is completely not true.
    There are so many illegal providers out there! Maybe you should be focusing more on them, since they will be the ones that will not follow any rules and could put children in danger. We need to keep these little ones safe. They need to be in a healthy environment. Who knows what goes on behind those closed doors!
    Young lives are taken to often in this world today!

  4. Anonymous says:

    I think it would be helpful if the surveyors werent so rude. I know they have a job to do, but being rude is not helping anyone.
    All the changes are getting ridiculous and makes good, quality daycare providers want to give up.

  5. Anonymous says:

    Personally I think the ages are a great ratio for under 18 mos. They all become toddlers and what are you going to do if a child you have had since he was born and becomes two or three and is a real stinker that takes up alot of time just keeping tabs on him? Are you going to get rid of him, I think not, but if you have more than 3 under 18mos., you wont be able to properally care for the rest of the children.

  6. Anonymous says:

    I am fully capable of taking care of more than 3 children at a time. I had quads myself. Secondly.. If a child becomes to hard to handle, then it is time to part ways.. but I will state that I don't have that problem. But having to let go of parents who love me because their child is only weeks away from being 18 months and they have a new baby and I don't know when the state is going to show up? Yes, I have a problem with that.

Post a Comment