Invitation for Providers--Mentor Program

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kansas is starting a professional mentor/protege program for providers new and experienced. Around 50 providers were chosen to be mentors for this program. I am one of the mentors. So, I would like to extend an invitation to all providers.

We're still looking for proteges for the program. If you are interested in this program, you can contact the head of the program, Monica DuttonHurt. Her information is at the end of this post.

This program is to help providers. The mentors are meant to support their proteges. We're there to help through the bad days and celebrate on the good ones.

I am very excited about this program because I felt isolated most of my first year doing daycare. I started off doing everything wrong. I charged per day and soon found out that some parents take advantage of that. :(  Please join the program as a protege if you would like someone to talk to about daycare. It is very helpful to have another provider to go to when you are feeling burnt out or just need to talk to someone who understands. It's also great to connect with others in the daycare business for new ideas. I networked during my mentor-training weekend, and I met so many new people. I learned so much from everyone.

This is a great program, and you can be a part of it!

Contact Monica DuttonHurt for an application:
E-mail: mduttonhurt@thefamilyconservancy.org
Phone: 913-342-1110 ext. 1976

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment